Thursday, April 26, 2012

Thursday's Thoughts

So here's how it goes-

I have a training plan on my fridge.  I sorta follow it.  I had some speed work on Tuesday which I replaced with 4 speedy miles.  No biggie.  But then there are days like today, where before I run I formulate a plan...5-6 miles s.l.o.w.e.r.  Nothing fancy.  Then I go out and totally BLOW my plan. 

I have this thing where I can't stand to hear my pace go down during a run.  Start off slow and keep it slow=fine.  Start of speedy and then slow down=traumatizing.  Makes a lot of sense huh?

So my girl (Nike app lady) told me I was running a 9:09 within the first mile.  NOT THE PLAN JOHNSON.  With the muggy weather, I knew it wouldn't be fun keep up the 9:09 pace for 5+ miles.  I tried to will myself to slow down...9:07, 9:05, 9:02...what the heck?  So I ended up with 4 miles at a 9:02 pace.  Not what I was going for. 

I need to work on my pace.  That's my goal after my 10K next Saturday.  Totally pumped about that by the way!





Cincinnati Flying Pig Marathon

No comments:

Post a Comment