Friday, April 6, 2012

Will I Ever Run Again??

Ok, so maybe that title is a little dramatic.  But hey, my legs are crying out here...my brain is going what's up!  But my body, my poor body.  It's just not with the program.  Let me back up a few days and get you caught up on what's been going on around the Johnson house.
Last week- Kevin went on Spring Break & Kevin got bronchitis. I'm sure that was on his Spring Break to do list. 
Friday-Dylan had a gum graft.
Saturday- I ran my half marathon; Dylan was puny; Kevin felt like death; boys had soccer all day.
Sunday- Dylan started running a fever + cough. Kevin started feeling more alive.
Monday- Dylan tested positive for the flu.Tamiflu to the rescue!
Tuesday-Alex woke up with a fever of 101.4. Tamiflu to the rescue! By Tuesday afternoon I had a cough and felt like a bus hit me. Temp at 4:30-99.4.  Temp at 5:30-100.2.  By this time I was shaking uncontrollably and about half out of it.Somehow I drove to Quick Care, sat there for 30 min., saw the nurse practitioner (temp 101.4), got some Tamiflu!, and drove home with out dying (still wondering how that happened!).
Wednesday- Dylan, Alex, and myself were all home from school.  I was zonked out in a fever induced stupor in the bed, while Dylan and Alex were a little more lively in the living room.  Kevin was a trooper.
Thursday- Dylan and Alex go back to school.  I awake from my fever induced stupor to drag my butt to the couch.  I finally decide maybe I should try to eat something, since I hadn't since Tuesday afternoon...blah to food!
Today- Landen wakes up with a 100.4 fever and guess what Kevin goes to pick up...YES! TAMI-FREAKING-FLU!  By this time the nurse at our pediatrician's office is laughing when my husband calls her.  Of course, by lunch time he is running around like a mad man...WHAT?!  I am still down and out...barely able to function coherently, and he's running around like a wild man.  How is that even right?  Yes, my aches are gone, my fever is gone, but yes, my cough is still here, my head is still hurting, my nose is stopped up, and my stomach is rolling...blah to food.
Tomorrow my goals are to:
1. Be in a vertical position more than a horizontal position.
2. Eat more than 2 bites.
3. Put one foot in front of the other in rapid succession.  I think some people call it running.
4. Get out of the house & among the living.
5. Get my boys some Easter goodies.
Gosh, I'm tired just writing those.  That's a lot to accomplish.  I hope I make it!


No comments:

Post a Comment