Wednesday, February 29, 2012

I Needed Yesterday!

Yesterday was fab!  Especially from 4:22-5:03.  And that's in the PM y'all...not the AM. 

Since my 4 day hiatus, running has been ok for me.  Just ok....not bad, not great, definitely not fabulous.  My legs have felt heavy, my body has felt a bit out of shape, and I've been concentrating so much on my form and my knee that these runs have just zapped me mentally and physically.  BUT, that wasn't the case yesterday afternoon!

Kevin cam home around 4:15 so I could run.  But first I should mention the weather...A-MAZ-ING!  Somewhere around 65, partly sunny, birds chirping, people outside enjoying it...is was spring-like!  I had 3 miles on the training schedule, but knew I was going to go for more.  I ended up running 5 miles @ 8:43 per mile (that's speedy for me).  My goal wasn't to run that fast, but once I started I just couldn't stop.  I totally negative split that run which made me feel even better (=2nd half of the run was faster than the first).  I knew if I could slow down a little (9:00-9:20), I could've put another 3-4 under my belt yesterday, which really boosted me mentally.  My knee wasn't hurting me; my body just felt great!!! It was refreshing.

I reminded myself that in running (or how about in life), there are good runs, great runs, ok runs, poor runs, and poo runs.  Yesterday I had a great run, and for that I'm thankful.

P.S.-Firm believer that God answers prayer...yes, even prayer about running. 

No comments:

Post a Comment