Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Let's Talk..


 On Saturday I ran a race.  It was a very cold race...like 20 some degrees with a 10 degree windchill...YIKES!  But I was determined to run, especially since I had already paid $35 and it would be my first 5K of the year.  I was super pumped to be running a F-L-A-T course, and to be running for the first time since I have felt speedy!  So I ran.  I might have lost the feeling in my toes (yes, all 10 of them) a time or two, but I finished strong...and set a PR!!!  My fastest 5K...I crossed in 25:55 (unofficial time- results are STILL NOT POSTED!!!!). 

I might have caught some flack from my hubby and mom and dad for running in the butt freezing cold.  Of course I had to run Monday too- yes it was butt freezing cold them too.  When I came back in from running, I had frost on my chin.  Ok, ok...maybe I had pushed it a little.  Later that day my lungs started hurting...I thought I might be a little crazy so I checked with our nurse extraordinaire at school, and she said yes, I could actually be feeling that.  My chest hurt throughout the day.  Yes, husband and mother...you were right.  So- wa pow!  I will be a running ninja tomorrow morning!!!!!!







Moving on to Valentine's day...
Yes, I have festive feet.  Too bad I had to cover them with my shoes all day.  I thought they were fantastic!  I would like to have leggings like this :-)




My students definitely got the memo!!  They showered me with love :-)  Kevin has already devoured one box of chocolate and has hidden the rest in the cabinet.  I am proud to say that I have made it through Valentine's day and not eaten one piece of junk!!!!  Go me!




On another note...I found myself willingly in bed last night at 8:00.  Granted I didn't go to sleep right at 8-it was more like 8:16!  And I loved every stinkin' minute of it.  Tonight I laid down after dinner to just rest and took this picture and sent it to my mom.  She asked if I was sick, or if I was doing to much...and I replied no to both.  I think everyone needs down time.  Unfortunately for me, I don't have the luxury of having any down time during the day.  And when I do get home from my day job I switch hats and just go, go, go some more!!!  My mom agreed with me...every body needs rest.  Here's to finding some resting time!

No comments:

Post a Comment