Monday, February 20, 2012

Resting Is Hard

Last week (heck for the past 5 years) I remember thinking that I would love to have a day where I do nothing but sit on the couch all day and relax.  Boy did I eat my words.  Wednesday night after church a sore throat him me like a ton of bricks!  By Thursday afternoon is was alternating between burning and prickling pins and needles, and my body felt like it had been hit by a Mac truck.  Fun times I tell you!  So of course I went speedy quick to Quick + Care to see what was up with this throat of mine.  (Thanks dad for taking care of my boys!!!)  Alas, quick it was not, and finally after a 2 hour wait I was back in the room.  After swabbing my tonsils, it was decided that yes, I had strep...ARGH!  After a presciption for some meds, a lovely chat with the pharmacy tech about how the meds would cost me $300!!!!!!!! if my insurance didn't pay for it (thank the Lord they did!), and a trip to school to write sub plans, I finally made my way home to eat dinner and take my $338.96 medicine (that cost me nada-not even a co-pay!). 

From Thursday night to Sunday morning I alternated between these two places.




(Except to squeeze in an 11 mile run on Saturday.  Yes, I realize this was a stupid idea.  But oh well, what's done is done.)  I'm telling you I did NOT want to move from either place.  Sure I got up to cook a little, help out with the boys some, do laundry, and clean a little...but considering what my normal week and weekend looks like-that's like a 90% cutback!!!  I'll have to admit I enjoyed every minute of it!!!  No, being sick is not fun.  The feeling that your throat is on fire and your body can't move a muscle is not enjoyable.  But I was finally able to rest.  R-E-S-T.  Just what the dr. ordered.  I'm happy to report that I'm enjoying this day off (I stayed in the bed until 8:30), and feel about 90% better!!!  Here's to rest, and listening to your body!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment