Friday, July 27, 2012

rANdOm

Random is the name of the game folks.  There's a lot going on inside this little head of mine, and I get to spill it all out for Y-O-U!  Your welcome.

#1 Olympics...I've never been real interested, but since I am probably on my way to competing in some type of running event, I wanna see it ALL this year!  I'm actually trying to figure out how we can watch the opening ceremonies since we don't have cable...anyone wanna have us over?

#2 Speed work...for my entire running career (yes all 13 months) I have never participated in this magical speed work.  I've wanted to incorporate it in my training, but have lacked the motivation to implement it...until Tuesday @ 6.  I met a local running group to see what it would be like.  We ran 8 400m repeats @ a 5K pace, and it was way fun!  It took me a while to get my pace right, and I'm not entirely sure it was where it need to be (didn't have my app telling me my pace), but I could tell I was moving faster than my regular runs.  And glory, hallelujah, the next morning my butt and upper thighs were sore!!!  Best. feeling. ever.

#3 School...it's a love hate relationship.  I think that we are all ready to be back in some sort of routine, so therefore, we are ready for school to start.  However, I am not ready for all the things that go with it- early morning wake ups, packing lunches, signing papers, homework, blah, blah, blah.

#4 Races...I haven't raced since May- Flying Pig 10K in Cincinnati.  All of that will change on Saturday though.  I have 2 races back to back.  A local 5K here, and a fun 5K in Louisville- The Color Run!  Then, it's 1 race in August, 2 in September (including a half marathon), 2 in October, 2 in November (including another half), and 0 in December.  I'm slightly nervous about the 5K tomorrow.  My fastest time was a 23:42 and that was the second half of the 10K I ran in May.  For some reason that puts a lot of pressure on me to run that time or faster tomorrow.  YIKES!  Sunday we will be leaving at 4:30 AM...yes, AM- for our Color Run.  Not nervous about that at all.  I am nervous about running 2 half marathons with only 1 month between. I'm sure my body will be 100% cool with that though :)

#5 Pictures for you delight!


Adios!

No comments:

Post a Comment