Saturday, July 21, 2012

Eating Clean Is Good For Me!

Yep, that's right!  I'll be honest, I didn't Google what eating clean exactly means...we are rolling with the Jennifer definition.  Here's the deal- when I eat a whole lot of veggies, fruits and greens; some potatoes (white and orange), beans, nuts, and whole wheat grains- I feel sooooo good!!!  

I can't listen to my body though...it's kinda against my whole goal :-(  It wants me to eat cereal, crackers, sugar yummies, processed foods, CARBS!!!!!!!!  Sometimes I have to give in to the cravings, and sometimes that's ok, but 90% of the time I'm on the straight and narrow.

While we were on our cross country trek, we all had to compromise and let go of a few things.  The kiddos didn't have their own rooms to go play in, Kevin didn't have the convince of taking a shower every time a drop of sweat hit his forehead, and I couldn't eat or run like I wanted.  Let's face it- we were basically living out of the back of our Armada! The result was major bloating...and swelling...and complaining!  I felt like a beached whale :-(  Not a good feeling.  It is totally amazing- what you eat really makes a difference!!!!!!  

It took about 2 weeks to get back where I was before we left.  I don't walk around feeling bloated and blah all the time, and my mileage is back to where I want it to be.  So here's my two cents- 1. People eat too much.  It really doesn't take much to fill you up...IF you make the right choices.  2. People eat too much processed food.  If it has more than 5 ingredients, you probably need to make a better choice!  3. People don't eat enough veggies.  They're good folks...I promise!!!!  4. People don't drink enough water. Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate!!  And finally, 5. People don't exercise enough!  Get out there and move folks...it ain't gonna kill you to get your heart rate up and sweat for a while!!!  

1 comment: