Friday, January 6, 2012

Checking in on those resolutions!

Well, I'm happy to report I'm doing well on my new year's resolutions. I had predicted that #s 7, 2, and 1 would prove to be WAY hard.  So here's the update on those first...

#7-making responsible financial decisions.  I recreated our budget.  It's a little bit more user friendly (for me), including a checklist for each month after I pay a bill.  I've broken it up into a bill and an expense section.  I'm sure this makes NO SENSE what so ever, but I assure you...it's working so far.  Kevin and I have also dialoged about not rushing ANY big (or bigger) purchase...we are going to pray about it and sleep on it for sure.

#2-feeding my family healthier.  We returned the yucky-blucky, mistreated, hormone fed chicken back to Wal-Mart and got fresh, organic, packaged here in Kentucky yummo chicken!  We also have a freezer full of fresh deer meat. I made granola bars, granola, and yummy energy bars Sunday and surprise, surprise they are gone!  The boys love it (so did we)!  Round two this Sunday. 

#1-more time with God.  I have been waking up about 10/15 minutes earlier each morning and after I get ready and head out to the kitchen, I read my devotional book, bible and spend time in prayer.  It's wonderful!  Have y'all read Esther?  It's GOOD!  I didn't want to stop reading that morning.  And starting your day off in prayer is the best.  I love my time with God.

So yay me!  If I can keep up the ones that I know are going to be hard for me, then I KNOW I can handle the others.  Smooth sailing folks, smooth sailing!


1 comment:

  1. Yay Jennifer :-) Way to stay on track! YOU GO GIRL!

    XOXO,
    Elizabeth
    http://dayofinspiration.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete