Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Gatlinburg Get Away!


Hip, hip, horray for 3 day weekends!!!!  Double hip hip horray if you are lucky enough to have a snow day to make it a 4 day weekend (like my lucky duck hubby!!!).  Well, we packed up the truck and headed to Gatlinburg with 5 other couples...yes 12 people under one roof!!    We arrived Friday and loved the cabin!  It was a little bit of a crazy layout, but we were happy as pigs in slop with the hot tub, kitchen (beautiful view from the sink & wall of windows), fire place, theater room, etc.  It was a nice time relaxing with friends, shopping (GREAT finds at the outlet mall!!!), eating, and running...yes running!  A friend's hubby and myself went running down our mountain.  You noticed I said DOWN not UP.  My hubby was nice enough to "lead" us down the mountain in the Armada, and then drive us back up.  It was a steep 2 miles down (withsome MAJOR inclines) with a beautiful view. 

My legs were WAY sore the next day- which was awesome!  I haven't been sore after a run in a while and I actually like that feeling...crazo I know :)  

There was also some good eatin' out...Flapjacks, The Old Mill...yum yum in my tum tum!  I didn't get too out of control, but did allow myself some slack :) 

And we had some good eats at the cabin!!!  My mouth waters every time I look at this plate...delish!

  
New friendships and good memories were made; fun and relaxing times were had by all!  Hope YOU enjoyed the lo-o-o-ong weekend too!

No comments:

Post a Comment