Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Sick+Running=No Fun :-(

Blah...it has been one of my worst nightmares (well, not really-but it sounds good). Getting sick and having my whole running schedule thrown out of whack!! I mean come on people...I need to run!! I have posted Hal Higdon's Half Marathon Schedule on my fridge and put stars up on weeks 1 and 2...we are on a ROLL! My body just needs to cooperate.

I started feeling blah last week...sore throat, minor drainage (of course it doesn't help that I am around children that are coughing and hacking...and colleagues that are too). Then it really hit this weekend. I went out in the FREEZING COLD and PITCH BLACK DARKNESS to run the Monster Dash 5K. My mom has some pics here.
Best idea, maybe not. But it was super fun and I did really well considering it is a hilly course and it was PITCH BLACK DARKNESS!! Not my best time, but I'll take it. Around a 9:12 min. mile.

Yesterday was Halloween and I felt obligated to go to school because who wouldn't think that would be a subs worst nightmare...HALLOWEEN PARTIES!!! I made it through the day-not sure how-with a million.5 kids asking me, "Mrs. Johnson, what's the matter with your voice?" I'M SICK!!! I wanted to yell, but I resisted...your welcome.

Last night, we met up at a good friend's house and paraded around the neighborhood on golf carts and wagons (in the dark, freezing cold...yes i know-another great idea!). The kids had a BLAST, and it was fun-other than the fact I thought I might die of my nose running or my head pounding. Needless to say I called in a sub (or I texted our greatest secretary and asked her to:) for today. And I DO plan on going to the dr....right after I run :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment