Sunday, November 8, 2009

A Weekend in Review...




What a beautiful weekend! My father-in-law wanted our oldest to ride with him in the Veteran's Day Parade on Saturday. He was on cloud nine on the back of that bike!



My hubby went, while I stayed home with the other two and felt puny. All three of us were barking our heads off...which makes for a very fun filled day!




After a much needed afternoon nap on the couch (while my children did God knows what!) I woke up feeling a bit better and in the cooking mood. I had a wonderful quiche in Nashville, IN a few weekends ago, and was just dying to replicate it.


I didn't have too much luck, as the picture above shows. It was supposed to be a bacon, ham, apple quiche where the flavors just explode in your mouth...but it turned out to be a crusty spinach, forgot the ham, didn't put enough eggs, too hard apple quiche. The natives aren't too hard to please, so at least it didn't go to waste. Neither did this...

homemade apple pie, with crumble topping. It wasn't too bad for my first apple pie. We ended the weekend with playing hut, hut, hike (Johnson's version of football) in the back yard. Which always ends in us running after the boys, pretending to tackle them but ending up hugging and kissing on them...I love it! I'll have to post a picture for you visual learners.
Right now my head is swimming with ideas for school. I know it's going to be a busy week. I have another KTIP observation on Thursday, which will wrap up Cycle 1...WOOHOO! And we have a field trip on Friday to Mammoth Cave...which will be very interesting! Hope it's a great week for you too!

1 comment:

  1. Love the new signature.
    Connor says, "Cheese." Whatever that means. He should be asleep but isn't having much luck.

    ReplyDelete