Saturday, February 6, 2010

Snowy, Cold Saturday

My husband has been gone for 3 and 1/2 days! My parents have helped out tremendously and that is the only reason I have any sanity left! So this morning, after my kiddos were up while it was still dark, like 5:00 dark, and after my dad left, stating he had had all the fun he could stand!, we made some crayons.

My crayons at school were looking a little rough, but I couldn't bring myself to throw them away. So, we peeled them...

broke them in half,

and put them in a muffin tin. After about 15 min. in an oven that had been preheated to 350 and then turned off we had some crayon soup. (I wish I would have gotten a picture, but I only have so much to work with!) We then put them in the freezer for about a couple hours while we ran some errands. This is what we have now:
The boys had fun, and I liked the way they came out. Good use of broken crayons!
**Oh, update on the scale. Guess it got my note, because this morning it finally got on board with me. Three numbers down...guess it can stay now :)

2 comments:

  1. Where did this idea come from about the crayons? Too cute. Glad the scale is coming aroound.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't remember where I first read about it. I had been thinking about it a lot since my crayons were nasty at school.

    ReplyDelete