Saturday, January 30, 2010

What's Happening Around Here

Lots of things have been happening around here...

First of all...remember my last post? Well, by Thursday night almost all the schools within a 50 mile radius were called off, much to my husband's delight. Now us BG City folks weren't yet, much to my delight (y'all there's too much to do now that testing is looming around the corner). All this changed by the time I woke up...BG was off much to my dismay. So-in anticipation of being stuck in the house with 4 males, I thought we should make a purchase. (Mom, dad, you can stop reading now :) Here's the first clue...
Ready for another?


Still puzzled...here ya go.

Ding, Ding, Ding folks we have a winner! Yes, we purchased a Wii along with some games.
Let's review some comprehension skills. The picture above is the cause...and the pictures below are the effects.
It's been worth it though...my husband and I now have something to threaten the children with...uh...I mean we tell them what we want them to do and then give them the consequence if they don't do it. Of course now the consequence is no Wii time. It's worked out quite nicely.

In other news...I went out with my friend Amy yesterday. We always have a good time together, whether we are at school or bopping around town. It's nice to have good friends. So, yesterday we went out and just browsed around for different things. Well we ended up at T.J. Maxx, which I thought was harmless...until I saw the clearance rack. The good news is that I didn't spend over $10 for an item...the bad news is...well, in my opinion there is no bad news. So this is what my closet looks like- For those of you disbelievers, here's the proof that I didn't spend over $10 on anything.

Oh, it makes my heart pound a little faster to go look through my closet. Yes, I know I have an issue. Happy snow day to you and yours!



**Thank you to my 5 followers. It makes me smile to think that someone else likes to read this**


3 comments:

  1. It's a good post. That wii stuff is greek to me, but maybe it will be fun. We will stop by tomorrow to check it out. Do you think you can get anything else in that closet of your Jennifer.
    Amy's right, you have it bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried to stop her but she wouldn't listen. Oh well, she really did get some good deals. Wish I had gotten as lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you and dad make a great team. I think he missed his calling. Maybe he can fill in for you now and again.

    ReplyDelete