Wednesday, March 28, 2012

T Minus 2 days!!!

So guess what is almost here???????  MY HALF MARATHON, that's what!!!  I am so super pumped.  Actually I am feeling 9.2 MILLION emotions, and I have been this whole entire week.  I go from super cool, laid back, to heart pumping nervous, to scared, to doubtful, to confident in about 3 seconds flat.  Doubt begins to creep in my mind, and I have to totally SHUT IT DOWN! and remember how hard and long I have been training for this race.  My body is 100% ready for these 13.1 miles!  I know my hard work will pay off.  I have prayed and prayed countless time...God has not given me a spirit of fear, but of POWER and of LOVE and of a SOUND MIND.  I have put in the effort and the time.  Now I have to be confident and push through and know it will pay off.

Let's talk race day...because my parents are such great people, they are going to pick me up at 6:30 Saturday morning and take me to the race!  That way my hubby and the boys won't have to get up at the crack of dawn, and I don't have to drive myself there...aren't they great?  At 7:30 they start shutting down the roads and the runners start moving to the starting line...and then sha-BAM- 8:00 is show time!!!  It's an out and back course that is mostly flat (I say that, but I can't really truly remember...there might be some slight hills).
Here are my goals for the race:
1. To NOT get in my mind and stay there.
2. No negative self-talk.
3. To give 110%.
4. Run smart.
5. Finish strong (emotionally and physically).

So I don't know about you all, but my mind is like a bad neighborhood...it's a place I don't want to be a whole lot!  I can get into a LOT of trouble by staying in my mind...I begin to focus on the world, on me, on things that don't matter, and then in turn, #2 happens!  I've noticed that if the first minute of my run isn't perfect, I tend to begin the whole, "oh this is horrible." or "this is going to be a bad run.  when will it ever be over".  I want to run this race and enjoy every mile...even if my knee starts to hurt, or my pace is slower that I want it to be, or it is raining, or the sun is shining in my face...I WANT TO ENJOY IT ALL!

I do have a #6 goal that I'm trying not to to think about...I want to finish as close to 2 hours as I can.  This is a totally attainable goal for me IF I meet all my other 5 goals. BUT I don't want that time hanging over my head the whole entire race. 

Say a prayer for me y'all.  Pray for peace, for a strong body, good weather, and wisdom.  I'll see you on the other side of 13.1!

No comments:

Post a Comment