Saturday, September 3, 2011

5K Ready?!?!

That my friends is the question of the day (or weekend)...am I 5K ready??  I have been actively running since the end of June yes...starting out small and slow.  Just recently though-the beginning of August maybe- I have been more deliberate with my running.  I have focused more on pushing myself, running faster, harder, longer.  I have finally consistently hit the 3+ mile mark.  Thursday and Friday I banged out 3.5 and 3.2 miles on the tread mill (YUCK AND DOUBLE YUCK to treadmills!).  I am in no way Speedy Gonzalez, but I am proud of myself and feel like I am pushing my body to do a little better each time I run.

Sooooooo....if the 5k isn't until October, then why should I be concerned with it right now you ask?!?!  Well, I was recently informed of a 5K taking place on Labor Day at a local park.  We drove the course and it seems very doable...meaning it's pretty much flat!  I haven't officially signed up yet, but I'm 99.9% sure I'm going to take the plunge and do it!  I've already talked my dad into picking me up around 6:15 Monday morning and dropping me off at the starting line (so I don't have to worry about parking), and then the rest of my peeps (hubs and boys) will come later and cheer me on close to the finish line and take my stinky, sweaty body home!!!   I'll let you know how it goes :)





No comments:

Post a Comment