Sunday, June 26, 2011

Week 1 Run...A Success!!!

I have made it...a whole week of running (and walking) completed! Let me tell you it was not easy! If you know me, then you know how much I LOVE to sleep. Especially during the summer time. I am a night owl and will stay up until midnight or later and then sleep until 9:00 (ok, maybe 9:30 or 10:00). But I set my alarm every day-for a little after 8:00, not anything crazy-and actually got up!! Towards the end of the week I would wake up before my alarm went off and would not be able to go back to sleep...I had to get up and get moving!!!! Some days it felt like I was only running up hill and others felt like I was coasting. For the most part I have stayed injury free...just a little bit sore in the knee area. I feel like I owe my no injury to the fact that I have eased into running- I really like the schedule I printed off Runner's World. I have been running for 1 minute and walking for 2 10xs. Next week I switch it up and I'm sure those 2 minutes are going to drag by and that 1 minute will fly, but I'm excited about it!! I thought about taking a before run and after run picture...that will be my goal next week if you promise not to laugh :)


No comments:

Post a Comment