Thursday, June 23, 2011

Money, Money, Money, Money...Moooonnneeeyyy!!



Money...what everyone needs more of right?! As teachers, we get all of our summer pay checks somewhere around the end of June, and then don't get paid again until the beginning of August. Sounds a little odd I know, but really if you budget well it all works out. I have spent about an hour today playing around with our budget on paper and getting some more envelopes together. If you don't know anything about the envelope system click here. I highly recommend it!! We do waaaaay better with our money when we follow it! Here's the deal about the envelope system...when it's gone- IT'S GONE!!!

Today, we even took it a step further when my husband and I took our debit cards out of our wallet and locked them up in the 'ole lock box! Sounds a little rash I know, but I HATE PLASTIC WITH A PASSION! I know without a doubt I spend 200% more when I am paying with my debit vs. if I have cash in my wallet.

We are also cracking down on our debt and will be credit card debt free in the next couple of months! YIPEE!! I have preached and preached to my boys that credit cards are not good, and to not fall into the debt trap when they get older. I am agreeing more and more with my dad about if you can't pay cash, don't buy it! I'm pretty excited about our plastic free wallets...I'll let you know how it goes :)

So, what money tips do you have??? Any great ways to keep your bank account padded??

No comments:

Post a Comment